Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Mail Order Meals-Plated


On our journey to find the best meal subscription box service for two my husband and I recently discovered, Plated. Since we used an introductory offer, the first box cost us $48 and it came with 3 meals of 2 servings each. I have since cooked all of the meals sent and will review my experience with Plated, below.

Roasted Chickpea Bowl with Brown Rice, Broccolini, Cauliflower, Butternut Squash, and Tahini sauce


This was our photo, keep in mind this was a very large mixing bowl.
This dish was basically cooked for me, specifically, to eat for lunches throughout the week as my husband did not like anything in this bowl. Holy crap it was easily 4 servings and was absolutely delicious! The roasted vegetables were perfect and while this dish was a bit time consuming, it was a perfect meal! Broccolini is amazing and everyone should try it. Also, roasted cauliflower is food for the Gods.

Steak Fajitas with Roasted Tomato Onion Salsa


I forgot to photograph ours, here's their picture.
This dish was pretty good albeit kind of generic. Nothing about it was spectacular or unique and my husband didn't eat any of the toppings so he ended up with steak and cheese fajitas. The amount of steak provided was not enough, we doubled it using a unwanted recipe's steak from a Home Chef box and it was enough. The ingredients were high quality (for the most part) and I liked the topping just fine I would have liked a more original recipe though. I would have also appreciated a higher quality steak. None of these boxes ever send anything but sirloin which is not the best. At least not how they instruct you to cook it.

Skillet Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Fennel & Onions with Roasted Potatoes

We forgot to photograph ours. This was taken from: http://hellosubscription.com/2016/03/march-2016-plated-subscription-box-review-coupon-2/
This dish was amazing! I was thrilled to work with fennel and all of it was delicious! Even my husband ate most of the caramelized fennel and onions. Potatoes were perfect. This dish was exactly what I want in a dish. Something new, yet approachable and delicious!

Plated Rating:
Creative yet delicious and approachable recipes: 10/10
Price higher than Blue Apron at $72 with no added benefits:1/10
Got me to appreciate cauliflower for the first time: 10/10
High quality overall but still uses sirloin steak: 7/10
Portions are generous and calories low: 10/10
Total Score (out of 50): 38/50

WOULD RECOMMEND TO COUPLES WITH HIGHER INCOME THAN US!

***Use this code: b9cef6 to get your first box for $48.

No comments:

Post a Comment